Distinguished Visitors to MU
The delegation from Brawijaya University
with MU executives
* On 16 May, Assoc. Prof. Sriprasit Boonvisut, MU Vice President
for Students Affairs, and Mr. Chaiyut Boonyanit, Head of the
Office of the President, welcomed a group of Master of Public
Health students from MU's Faculty of Public Health to
the Office of the President at Salaya Campus for a tour of the
university's administration facilities.
* Uwe Morawetz, Chairman of the International Peace Foundation,
headquartered in Austria, met with Dr. Pinit Ratanakul,
Director of MU's College of Religious Studies, on 20 May to discuss
possible future cooperative activities.
* On 29 May, Dr. Christine Humfrey of the University of Nottingham,
UK, visited to discuss possible collaboration, leading to
ongoing discussions for teaching and research cooperation in
a number of disciplines.
* A delegation from the University of Queensland, Australia,
including Ms. Rachel Colaso from the Faculty of Business, Economics
and Law, Mr. Phillip Fredericks from the Institute of Continuing
and TESOL Education, Ms. Patricia Robertson from the Faculty
of Arts, and Ms. Wasinee Uthairat of the International Education
Directorate, visited MU on 13 June on a fact-finding mission
to explore avenues of future collaboration.
* Claudio Scaratti, Head of the Regional Office of the UN
Industrial Development Organization, met with Dr. Amaret
Bhumiratana, Dean of the MU Faculty of Science, and Assoc. Prof.
Dr. Damras Wangsawang, Director of the MU Computing Center, on
11 July to introduce his organization and discuss possible cooperation.
* Asst. Prof. Suree Kanjanawong, Dean of MU's Faculty of Social
Sciences and Humanities, welcomed a delegation from Punjab
University, India, on 16 July to explore possible future
* On 17 July two 4th year students from the Faculty of Commerce
of the University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, conducting
a study tour, met with staff of the MU International College
and International Relations Division to discuss education issues
* A delegation from Brawijaya University, Indonesia (see
photo above), led by Mr. Tjahjanulin Domai, Vice Rector for
Student Affairs, visited MU on 19 July to exchange experiences
in the field of student affairs management, discussing such issues
as student welfare, student union operations, and related activities.
* Prof. Hamnett, Principal, and Ms. Janice Brownlee of the University
of Strathclyde, UK, paid a courtesy visit to the Dean of
the Faculty of Science on 22 August.